Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Why Should We Hire You ?

This is a popular interview question
Following are 4 sample answers
Sample Ans 1:
In my XXX years of experience as a manager, I have build-up a solid motivational and team-working skills. I was awarded twice as the manager-of-the-year for my excellent methodologies for motivating employees to encounter challenges and meeting deadlines. If hired, I will carry forward this ability of leadership and strategies for achieving profit gains to this position.
Sample Ans 2:
The subjects I chose while working for my degree in XXX subject have prepared me for this particular post. Also, my two-year experience working with company X has given me the platform to master the skills that I needed to deliver for this position. It seems as if I was prepared all my life to land this job.
Sample Ans 3:
For this particular job, I have the perfect combination of skills and experience that is required. I also bring the experience of strong analytical and problem-solving skills that I have gained while working with other companies. My dedication to excellent work standards will add value to the team and the company.
Sample Ans 4:
I am quite aware of the company’s mission of acquiring the largest consumer base in the area and to become the front-runner in supplier’s or provider’s community. My domain knowledge and hold over the customer base can make a big contribution towards this. I would really enjoy this challenge of growing this business bigger.
Tips
  • Emphasize on your uniqueness but keep it concise
  • Highlight your strength, skills, and your accomplishments
  • Give an example that describes you as a quick learner
  • State or provide some evidence that shows how you contributed to the growth of the previous company in terms of revenue, goodwill, and brand
  • Include your research you made on the company- for a smaller company you can say- your company is open to new innovative ideas
What not to say
  • Try to avoid saying- I need a job, money or this place is close to where I live
  • Focus on what can you do for the company rather than what they can do for you
  • NEVER DO THIS- comparing your skills to others. The natural instinct to this question is we usually start comparing our skills to others, when this question is put through.

No comments:

Post a Comment